The cost of providing the necessary training for the SA National Culinary Team chefs, through practice sessions, workshops and the actual entries into international competitions, is very high, and, as a non-profit company, the South African Chefs Association relies on the support of sponsors and fundraising events to establish and manage the Team. With thanks to our fantastic sponsors and partners, the Team is able to focus on training rather than worrying how they're going to get to the competitions.
LSC is new headline sponsor of the South African National Culinary Team
The South African Chefs Association is pleased to announce that Imperial, through one of its operating companies LSC, is the official headline sponsor of the South African National Culinary Team – Team Masakhane.
This important sponsorship will enable our Olympians of the food world to successfully train towards, and compete in, the ultimate global culinary challenge – the IKA Culinary Olympics – which is taking place in Erfurt, Germany in 2016.
The IKA Culinary Olympics is an event that brings together chefs and patissiers from over 50 nations once again come together.
“This is the highlight of our 10 years of partnership with the South African Chefs Association and we are proud to be associated with the South African National Culinary Team as they strive for gold at the next Olympics,” says Phillip Meyer, CEO of LSC. Renowned chef Heinz Brunner took over as Team Manager, and he is using his vast experience to train, guide and assist the team on their quest for gold. Heinz is excited about this new chapter for the South African National Culinary Team, and with LSC and Imperial's sponsorship and support, he is confident that the team will enjoy great success in the future.
In their roles as official Headline Sponsor of the team, LSC and Imperial will be supporting the team in sponsorship of their uniforms, equipment, travel arrangements, logistics and more. The South African National Culinary Team will be wearing the LSC and Imperial logos with pride, at all their appearances.
Partners to the team are:
• City Lodge Hotel Group – which provides accommodation for the team when they travel to practices
• ChefWorks – which provides the team’s entire uniform range including casual wear
• Turn ‘n Slice – which provides all the fruit and vegetables used at the practices and dinners
• A L & C D Ashley ,Global Knives – which ensures the chefs have the cutting edge
• N1 Restaurant Suppliers – which provides the Springbok, veal sweetbread and chicken for all Hot Kitchen practices and promotional lunches/dinners over the two years of practice