The Academy of Chefs, is the honour society of the South African Chefs Association, and is the vehicle for SACA to recognise the achievements of its members.
The primary goal of the Academy will be interaction amongst members nationally. The Goal of the Academy members is to demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism in the organisation, society and industry. The goal will be to create and promote programs that benefit our young chefs or soon to be chefs, targeting schools and other training providers. Academy members promote education in this profession and support those efforts by passing on the skills, training and expertise they possess. Academy members are always accountable for presenting a positive image throughout the local, regional and national communities at events they attend and or sponsor. Academy members are supportive and willing to accept the challenge to serve as culinary advisors to the Tsogo Sun Centre of Culinary Excellence (CCE), as well as be willing to assist at Academy dinners.
Criteria to be considered for induction into the Academy of Chefs
Submission of the application for membership to SAAOC
· Download your application form here
· The complete application form needs to reach SACA Head Office in a sealed envelope addressed as follows:
· The content needs to be as follows:
· The induction fee includes the following:
Induction will take place during Info Chef in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town when applicable. The fee however does not cover the event.
Symbolism of the Colours
· The red in the ribbon reflects the passion for the profession.
· The gold trim on the ribbon shows the highest level of recognition, similar to what the Springbok Blazer represents.
· The gold medallion was created to award the members and welcome them into the Honour Society.
The Academy of Chefs Members:
Eugene Van Wyk
Dr. Bill Gallagher (Deceased)
Christina Martin (Deceased)
George Willi Germann
Daniel Chapat (Deceased)
Gavin Rose (Deceased)
George Mazibuko (Deceased)
Gordon Tuckett (Deceased)
Hans Heinz Kerber (Deceased)
Kevin Michael Gericke (Deceased)
Marina Altini (Deceased)
Mark Charlish (Deceased)
Trevor Basson (Deceased)
Walter Ulz (Deceased)
Werner Koch (Deceased)
Wolfgang Voigt (Deceased)
Lucas Ndlovu (Deceased)